Thursday, August 31, 2006



Interview at Suhakam on Sat 26 Aug 06

I was interviewed by two Suhakam officers (the Head of Complaints Department and the Principal Assistant Secretary) prior to the pending public hearing on the May 28 "bloody" incident where Amran and few other protesters (against fuels and electricity hikes) were beaten up badly by FRU members outside the KLCC.

I have officially registered my complaints with the Suhakam officers about the excessive violence used by the FRU and other police officers, and the helicoptor which was hovering dangerously above the crowd throughout the peaceful gathering.

I was arrested in the middle of my speech without any warnings from the police. The first shot of water cannons was targeted right at me. I was arrested by ASP Yahya and another Chinese police officer from the Dang Wangi police station.

The protest was organised by NGOs and opposition parties including the DAP. The action committee was headed by Dr Hatta Ramli of PAS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home